A highlight feature of Dapper is the ability to approve account access to a second device (ie. desktop or phone) while still remaining completely decentralized and in control of your wallet. No recovery required! To get this process started, let's first clear up a few terms:
- Your primary device is the phone where you first installed Dapper and created an account
- A secondary device is any other desktop or phone you wish to use to access your Dapper account
Before we begin, you will need to have both your phone (primary device) and the second device you wish to add on hand. In this guide, we'll be adding a desktop device to your primary device.
How to add a second device to your mobile wallet
- Install Dapper on the device you wish to add and log into your account
- Select 'Add new device' to send the request to your phone
- Head to the mobile app and under 'Settings > Manage Devices' you will see a pending request at the top of the screen
- Click on the request and a pop up will appear asking you to authorize the request. Select 'Authorize' and confirm with one last Recaptcha request
- Once authorized, it will take a few moments to process the request. You will be notified via email once it finishes. It will be from 'Dapper Team - You granted a new device access to Dapper'
- Once complete, you will now see your secondary device under 'Authorized devices.' For reference, any pending requests still being processed will show the spinning icon
You can now access your Dapper account via the approved device! Should you ever wish to revoke access, click on the garbage icon and confirm the deletion via email.
Note: When you go through an account recovery with your Rescue Kit, this will remove any previously approved devices. You will need to go through the approval process again to re-add them.