Welcome to Dapper's Android app! We've long wanted to bring the speed, security and ease of use from the desktop version to mobile phones. If you already have an existing Dapper account, find out how to add your phone as a secondary device here.
If you're getting started with Dapper for your first time, follow the steps below to get started!
To create a Dapper account:
- Enter the email and the password you wish to use. If you already have an existing account, click on log in to either start a recovery or add a new device
- Enter your mobile number and click Send verification code to verify via SMS. This is a one-time step and we do not directly save your phone number. You can read more about why this step is required here.
- After a few seconds, you will receive a 6 digit code. If you don't receive the SMS after a few minutes, you can click "Send verification text again" to send another text. If you still haven't received it, check out our troubleshooting guide here.
- You will now need to verify via email. Head to your inbox and open up the verification email from Dapper Team: Welcome to Dapper and click on Verify my email
- Once verified, head back to Dapper and click I verified my email to continue on. If you haven't received the email you can request a new one by selecting Didn't receive an email? You can also change the email you wish to use (typos are the worst!) by clicking Use a different email
- Time to save your Rescue Kit! The kit is the keys to your account and we do not have access to it. Click on Download your Rescue Kit to save it to either your email, phone or the cloud. Read why the Rescue Kit is so important here.
- Once saved, open up the Rescue Kit to find your Rescue code inside. Copy the code to confirm it by clicking Confirm
- Rescue Kit confirmed! You've now taken the steps to properly secure your Dapper account
Now that you're all set up with your shiny new wallet, let's find out how to get some cryptocurrencies into your wallet!