Account recovery between the desktop and mobile versions of your Dapper account will use the same Rescue Kit. However, the recovery steps will differ depending on whether or not you've added your mobile phone as a new device to your existing account or if you've created a new wallet altogether.
There are two ways to initiate a recovery:
- Completely remove the app from your mobile device, reinstall and log into your existing account.
- Click and hold on the app icon to 'view more info' and delete/clear the app's data.
How to recover your account as a new install
When you first created your account, you would have been prompted to generate and save your Rescue Kit before you were able to access the account. Ideally, you saved the kit saved in a few different locations.
Once you have your kit, follow these steps to recover your account:
- Log into your existing account and click on "I can't access my authorized account."
- Inside of your Rescue Kit, copy your unique recovery code, paste it into the field and click "Recover with Rescue Kit" one last time.
- Verify the recovery via your email. If you haven't received the email to your inbox after a few minutes, you can resend the email. If you still have troubles verifying via email, review our troubleshooting guide here.
- Once verified, you will see the "Recovery underway!" screen. Please do not remove the app or power-down your phone during recovery. Note: depending on network speeds at the time, recovery may take up to a few hours.
- You will be notified via email and within Dapper once recovery has finished. A new rescue kit will need to be generated and saved as the previous rescue code will no longer be valid.
How to recover your account as a new device
The recovery steps are essentially the same, however, you will need to have your Rescue Kit opened and ready to go on your primary device (ie. desktop) in order to upload the rescue code. The other option is to have the kit saved in cloud storage which is accessible on your mobile phone for easy copy and paste.
If you've recovered your account on your mobile device, it will now be your primary device. This means that you would need to either add your desktop account as a new device to the mobile account or recover once again on desktop to switch the primary device status.
Should you run into any troubles with recovery, you can report a bug within the app, submit a ticket directly, or reach out to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Should anything interrupt the recovery process (ie. phone shuts down) – no problem! Recovery can be resumed at a later time by logging into your account. You will receive a prompt informing you of a partial recovery. Once you pass this screen, you will be able to upload the same rescue code to resume recovery.
Please sign in to leave a comment.