Before you can start recovery, you will need your Rescue Kit. During account creation, your kit must first be generated and saved before the wallet can be accessed. By default, the kit will be saved to your downloads folder as a PDF with the filename "Dapper Rescue Kit" followed by the date it was generated. To start the recovery process, you will need to either install Dapper on a new device or reinstall Dapper on the same device after it had been removed.
Once you have your kit, follow these steps to proceed with recovery:
- Log into your account and click "I want to recover my account"
- Follow the prompts to confirm the recovery. Keep in mind a recovery will remove all of your previously approved devices
- Upload your Rescue Code. The code can be found in your Rescue Kit PDF
- Confirm the recovery via email and head back to Dapper to confirm the verification
- Dapper will show "Recovery underway" as it's recovering. Depending on network speeds, this may take up to a few hours in very rare cases
- Once recovery is complete, open up Dapper and hit Continue
- Generate and save your new Rescue Kit in a safe location
- Success! Your wallet has been recovered properly to your new device
Note: If you have to step away or shut down your computer during recovery - no problem! Recovery can be resumed at a later time. The next time you log into your account, a prompt will show informing you of the partial recovery. Click Continue Recovery and you can upload the same rescue code to resume recovery.