To get started with your Ethereum Dapper Legacy Wallet, you can download the Chrome extension directly here. After a few short seconds, you'll be ready to start setting up your account!
Update 11/23/21: New sign ups are temporarily disabled for the Legacy ETH wallet as maintenance work is being completed.
To create a Dapper account:
- Click on the Dapper icon followed by "Sign up."
- Enter your email and password. These will be used as your login credentials.
- Choose your country code and enter your mobile number to verify via SMS. This is a one-time step and we do not directly save your phone number. You can read more about why this step is required here.
- Type in your verification code and click "Confirm code". If you don't receive the SMS after a few minutes, you can click on "Resend my verification code" to send another text. If you still haven't received it, check out our troubleshooting guide here.
- Go to your email inbox, open up the verification email from "Dapper Team: Welcome to Dapper" and click on "Verify my email". If you don't see the verification button, find out why here.
- Once verified, open up Dapper once more and click on "Let's go!" to be taken to a quick tutorial. You may also click "Skip" to bypass the tutorial.
- Generate and download your Rescue Kit. This is very important as the Rescue Kit can be seen as both your private keys and seed phrases. Read up on how to best manage your Rescue Kit here.
- Once your Rescue Kit is successfully downloaded, you will be notified via a browser tab.
- Confirm your Rescue Kit by clicking the orange banner along the top of the Dapper home screen.
- After entering your password click on Confirm current Rescue Kit to confirm your kit. You can also generate a new Rescue Kit from this menu.